Featuring Quilts from the International Quilt Association
Enjoy a year-round celebration of quiltmaking! This extraordinary calendar features 13 award-winning quilts from the 2009 “Quilts: A World of Beauty” juried show. Noted designers include Caryl Bryer Fallert, Karen Stone, Robbi Joy Eklow, and many more.
•Discover projects from popular designers such as Kim Diehl, Cynthia Tomaszewski, Sally Schneider, and Karla Alexander
•Explore scrappy quilts, folk-art styles, fusible applique, patchwork borders, and more
•Indulge in fabrics ranging from bold brights to nostalgic reproduction prints
and look at all the new books that just came in . . . . .
Dazzling Diamonds & Traditional Blocks • 13 Skill-Building Projects
by Barbara Cline
Mix and Match Blocks and Center Stars for up to 27 Different Quilts
- Create 9 shimmering star quilts to adorn the walls of your home
- Mix and match these 9 stars with classic quilt blocks to create up to 27 bed-sized quilts, too
- Build your star-making skills-start out with simple patterns and move to more complex patterns as you learn
- Create delightful stars out of diamonds
- Create different designs by simply changing the color and/or size of the diamonds
- Learn to create perfect 8-point centers that lie flat
- Learn to take advantage of a fabric's design or motif with fussy cutting
- 11 simple yet stunning quilt projects-perfect for any quilter, even beginners
- See Spanish life through Roberta's eyes, as she tells the stories behind each quilt with lush photography
- Projects are inspired by the flowers, foods, and colors of Spain's vibrant landscapes
- Includes 6 delicious Spanish-inspired recipes
- Bring unity to a quilt with a well-planned border
- Create quilts in endless variations of one or two colors.
Design Quilts with Freeform Shapes & Flying Geese • 5 Paper-Pieced Projects, Full-Size Foundations
by Gail Garber
- Gail teaches you step-by-step techniques to create your own unique quilt designs, or to make any of the 5 bonus projects
- Draft shapes such as Flying Geese, triangles, and diamonds to fill strips of fabric that weave in and out of your design
- Easy paper-piecing instructions help you make all your designs more accurate, from landscapes to radiating sunlight to flowing ribbons
- Full-size foundation patterns included, plus a gallery of quilts made by Gail and her students
Create One-Block Masterpieces • New Step-by-Step Instructions • 12 Projects
by Paula Nadelstern
- From the award-winning and best-selling author, Paula Nadelstern
- Twelve projects-each one makes an artistic 20" square kaleidoscope block
- Intoducing 22.5° wedges (her narrowest wedges yet!) to increase the beauty and intricacy of each kaleidoscopic pattern
- Includes a gallery of the quilts from Paula's exhibit at the Museum of American Folk Art, plus candid shots of the opening reception
- Never before have there been this many of Paula's kaleidoscope projects in one book!
Kaleidoscope Star Quilts from Traditional Blocks
by Cheryl Malkowski
- Learn Cheryl's technique for transforming traditional square quilt blocks into exciting, new diamond shapes.
- Beginner-friendly star designs make Y-seams easy to learn
- Create quilts that stand out from the rest!
- Inspirational quilt gallery
- Step-by-step how-to photos and illustrations detail the process
- Paperless paper piecing, no more hassle with tiny bits of paper stuck in seams
25 Handmade Sacks & Wraps to Sew Today
Contributions by: Design Collective
- Projects include sandwich wraps, baggies, bicycle bags, and totes
- Quick and easy to make with basic sewing techniques; everyone in your family will want one!
- Customize the outside with your favorite fabrics and insulate the inside. You can waterproof it with laminated cotton, oilcloth, nylon, or vinyl.
- Projects are fun, functional, and reusable-make your sack lunches even greener!
- Bags can be washed in your dishwasher or washing machine
Stop in and say hello!