Can you believe it's been three months since we posted? Sorry, we've been a bit distracted. Look for some exciting news about the shop to come soon. Since we are an Book autoship shop with all of the major distributors we have had lots of new books that have come in ( or that are on the way) that we haven't been able to post to the blog. So here are just a few that just arrived . . .
Elly Sienkiewicz's Beloved Baltimore Album Quilts
25 Blocks • 12 Quilts • Embellishment Techniques
by Elly Sienkiewicz with Mary Tozer
Baltimore's Daughters - the Joy of Friendship Albums
- 25 classic 8" blocks from your favorite Baltimore album expert
- Appliqué basics plus special techniques for appliqué and embellishment
- Over 120 quiltmakers contributed to the quilts in the gallery
- Details for the setting of Elly's Happiness Journey quilt
Everything you need to succeed with appliqué
- 150 appliqué design elements-flowers, leaves, stems, vases, birds, bugs, and flourishes
- Mix and match to design your own beautiful appliquéd blocks, quilts, and wearables
- Layflat binding makes it easy to trace your favorite patterns
- Includes 3 projects to get started, ranging from basic to complex
The Practical Guide to Patchwork
New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker
by Elizabeth Hartman
Quilting Basics with Modern Flair
- 12 quilt projects for beginners, confident beginners, and intermediates
- Explore different options for each project-make it with just two colors or scrappy, make it vintage or mod, make it soft or playful.
- Alternate colorways included with each project show you how swapping out fabrics can change the look of the same block.
- Learn how to cut, piece, appliqué, machine quilt, bind, and finish.
- Pick up helpful tips and tricks to stay organized and master the methods.
21 Playful Projects with Seasonal Flair
by Kajsa Wikman
- 21 whimsical projects include quilts, softies, pillows, and ornaments
- Find new inspiration in the seasons of Scandinavia
- A fresh, modern take on folk art for decorating and gifting
- Easy to make by hand or machine - scrap-friendly, too!
and how fun is this! . . . . .
- A great gift for the quilt-lover in your life
- Quality playing cards with "easy deal" edges
- Your favorite Piece O' Cake designers, Becky & Linda, are the Jokers!
- Featuring applique bird and flower designs from My Whimsical Quilt Garden
Create the nostalgic heirloom quilts you’ve always dreamed of! This follow-up to the popular Link to the ’30s offers 10 authentic patterns from the 1930s. True to the era, with intricate hand-quilting patterns incorporated into every project, the quilts are nothing less than exquisite. You’ll learn a variety of techniques as you feature the reproduction fabric you love in quilts to be treasured for generations.
Word Play Quilts
Easy Techniques from the UnRuly Quilter
by Tonya Ricucci
Want your next quilt to send a special message? Now you can spell it out with no tracing, no templates, no paper-piecing, no appliqué, and no precise measuring! Inspired by renowned quiltmaker Gwen Marston (who wrote the foreword), Tonya presents a terrific technique for free-pieced letters. It’s your chance to break rules, mismatch, go wonky, and enjoy yourself!
- Boost your ability to piece without a pattern—this easy technique is very forgiving
- Discover fabulous, whimsical ways to give letters and words a featured role in your quilts
- Find three practice projects and loads of quilt samples to instruct and inspire
Appliqué Patterns for 50 States & Washington, DC • Mix & Match to Create Lasting Memories
by Debra Gabel• Each postage-stamp-inspired design reflects the unique qualities of these United States
• Raw-edge fusible appliqué makes the layered patterns quick and easy to complete
• 6-inch quilt blocks can be enlarged to any size via the included pattern CD
• Make a fun souvenir block for your home state, plus every state you've visited
Quilt a travelogue of your adventures across the country! Every state is represented in a realistic landscape that shows off the state flowers, animals, landmarks, and the scenery that make each place so special. These appliqué designs are a great way to use favorite fabrics from your stash and treasured scraps to sew up vacation memories.
Let the fabric do the work! Joyce shows you uncomplicated ways to work with landscape-themed fabrics to make a quilted wallhanging you'll be proud to show off. Quickly build an eye-catching scene using her popular techniques for painting, fusing, embellishing, and embroidering.
Stop in and say Hello!