Friday, January 18, 2008

What Is Happening To January?

Geez, January is flying by! I have been running around with my head chopped off! One of my new year's resolution is to attend the guild meetings of the various guilds that I participate in. I always enjoy going, it just seems that something always comes up and I don't make it as often as I would like. This past week I attended the Columbus Metropolitan Quilts guild meeting. This was the first guild that I joined (before Always In Stitches was open)and that guild of women has always been very near and dear to my heart. Anyway, the program this month was a trunk show of quilts by the current officers. It was fun to see their accomplishments. June Allen always makes me laugh regardless of what she is talking about, (she had some nice quilts too!). It was very fun to see Nancy, Barb, Mary, and Jennifer's (yes, the same Jennifer that cut her finger off in our store, with her rotary, not ours)accomplishments and how they have grown. This month, just for the record I also made it to QQ and to The Goodtime Quilters meetings. I hope to make it to all of the guild meetings often this year.

Here at the shop our heads are spinning. Dear Jane starts this month and we have about 23 participants. I am participating as a member, I will keep you posted on my progress.

Girl Gang is starting January 25th for the primitive lovers, and our new hand applique club is meeting on the last Saturday in January.

Our newsletter has been mailed, and our website is being updated and our new class offerings will be posted soon.

On the sewing table at the shop we have been making the cell phone bags using the Quiltsmart fusible product. Once you "get it" you can make these quickly and they make great gifts. (I have been using mine for my IPod at the gym and I just may start a business selling them there.. jk)
We recently cut out a very cool Twisted Ribbons quilt from the book Fun With Block Quilts from Cheryl Malowski. The quilt is a solid black background with brightly colored ribbons. It is not sewn together yet, but you know how that goes. Soon,.... very soon!

Yikes.... New Books jsut came in from Martingale! The Skinny Quilts and Tablerunners book is very neat! There will be a couple of the samples in this book in the shop. Someday!

Have a great Weekend, Stop In and say hey!

Mary

No comments: