Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter!... at this rate our May flowers are going to be great

It is hard to believe that April is almost over and May is here. This year is flying by. I am really looking forward to warmer and dryer weather.

Deb started a new hand embroidery group last week. they are focused on getting the Vintage Halloween project from Crab Apple Hill done.


It is cute, but I am not a hugh Halloween fan so I did not join in. But seeing everyone embroidering made me want to get started on a new project.....so........ Jenny one of our notions/fabric/everything rep. shared with me some of the newest patterns... and I found my new embroidery project, or two new embroidery projects.


Both are from Birdbrain designs, the first one is "Quilts In the Garden" and the second one is the "Redwork Stich Sampler"  I think they are both cute, and I am excited about getting them started.

Jenny brought all kinds of new patterns. I have been looking for a new pin cushion pattern and I found a cute one that I think alot of people will like.

It is called "Who Knew".  I have a recent graduate in mind for one of these. Can't wait to get it started too.

So many projects, so little time.

Have a great Weekend and a Happy Easter! Gotta go start stitching!

Mary

1 comment:

Diane K said...

I have always wanted to do Crabapple Hill's Vintage Trick or Treat. I have the pattern and was thinking of getting started. Since I live too far away to join your group, I hope you post lots of photos of the completed blocks. I was thinking of using darker reproduction prints and not so bright threads, but I don't want to lose that great look. Is everyone following the pattern colors?