It's nearly that time of year! The Columbus area Komen Race for the Cure is scheduled for May 15, 2010. We are in the process of setting up our team for this year so watch for more information on registering for our team. This is a fun, exciting, and very worthwhile event and you know that the cause is very near and dear to my heart. My family has recently been touched again with the fear and scariness of the "C" word so this year will really have special meaning. I really need people to come out and walk this year because I am not going to be able to walk. The day of the walk is the same day as Jordann's college graduation ceremony. I know the team will be good and strong without me. T shirts will be good and ready, and I know you guys will have a great time. Save me a space for next year! We will keep you posted once the Active website is up and running for registration.
More Favorite Traditional Quilts Made Easy
by Jo Parrott
Jo Parrott gives quilters what they love: old-time favorites! Her no-template solution makes traditional quilt designs a snap.
- Choose from seven impressive projects plus two bonus projects; designs include A Storm at Sea, Broken Star, Geese in Flight, and more
- Find rotary-cutting and piecing shortcuts you can't live without
- Create the appeal of established patterns at the speed of modern techniques
by Ilene Bartos
Here's a book of traditional quilting ideas—with a twist! You'll find Log Cabin blocks, chevrons, stacked Chinese Coins, and more, yet they don't look like the same old patterns. By focusing on rectangular blocks, Ilene Bartos has created 12 refreshing designs. Easy enough for confident beginners, these quilts offer plenty of appeal for advanced quilters as well.
by Lynn Roddy Brown
It’s hard to resist a block swap! If you’ve ever wondered what to do with all those blocks you’ve collected in guild swaps, online trades, or at antique shops, this book has the answers. You’ll find plenty of options—including cutting lists for making individual quilts if you don’t have a collection of blocks.
- Find step-by-step instructions for creating 15 scrap quilts
- Get tips for starting a successful block swap, including suggested block sizes, fabric choices, and more
- Increase your creative options with the alternate layout suggestion in each project
We have already ordered the book, "Wool Crazy" by JoAnn Mullaly. This book contains patterns and instructions for a 60" x 60" wool crazy quilt. We will hold a class on this on (possibly) the third Thursday of each month. Class fees will be $7.25 per month and the book is $24.95. Stay tuned for more info...