Happy September, happy cool days to you!
Everyone here at the shop is doing well! We are bustling around getting ready for one event or another. We are adding employees to our staff this month so you will be seeing some new faces, but all your favorite employees are still here to love.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Goodtime Quilters show. The quilts were absolutely beautiful. We appreciate your support. We are now gearing up to vend at the annual Goodtime retreat at the end of October.
Now, LOOK AT WHAT'S COMING IN OCTOBER!
Pamela Mostek shares her innovative Blended Borders technique, which softens the line between the quilt top and the border. Rather than "coloring inside the lines," Pamela makes artful use of large-scale appliqué shapes to create quilts of unparalleled artistry.
Included is an extensive techniques section, which is so clearly presented that quilters of all skill levels can achieve expert results. Choose from five gorgeous projects that showcase today's large, dramatic prints. The color-splashed photo gallery provides plenty of additional inspiration.
Make a statement with Skinny Quilts! This follow-up to the popular Skinny Quilts and Table Runners showcases the talents of a new group of amazing designers. You'll love the variety of styles and techniques they bring to the table!
• Revisit folk-art traditions with Jo Morton and Sue Spargo or create an art quilt with Lonni Rossi or Sue Benner; discover designs by Karla Alexander, Frieda Anderson, Melinda Bula, Jane Dávila, Linda Lum DeBono, Joanna Figueroa, Judy Hooworth, Julie Popa, Elizabeth Rosenberg, and Karen Costello Soltys, as well as editor Eleanor Levie
• Sample a new way of quiltmaking with Skinny Quilts—without the time commitment of a bed covering
• Find the perfect projects to add sparkle and zing to your home or to give as impressive gifts
Karla Alexander is back with exciting new designs to delight her many fans! Now you can broaden your quilting repertoire by combining Karla's stacking and shuffling methods with even more techniques. Choose from 16 projects in a wide range of styles, from "Blue Moon" and "Window Box" to "Somersault." Make the most of today's fabrics with these contemporary quilts—the stunning designs look far more complicated than they actually are.
Make Your Quilt Unforgettable with Elegant Designs
• Take a simple quilt and make it spectacular with 66 art deco motifs, flowers, and Japanese crests
• Use for hand or machine quilting, appliqué, and embroidery
• Show off your stitching or appliqué in individual blocks, medallions, and open spaces
• Enlarge or reduce the designs to fit any space
Turn an ordinary quilt into an heirloom with these graceful, versatile designs.
"Mr. Quilt" includes instructions for using the designs, a supply list, and help with mixing and matching to create your own original designs.
Elegantly Cozy Contemporary Quilts
• Make 23 cozy, contemporary quilts to complement any decor
• Sizes include wall and lap quilts, table runners, and placemats
• 100% easy straight-line piecing-no tricky measurements or stretchy bias edges
• Use color choices to create quilts with different moods
Modern doesn't have to be hard-edged. Make a soft statement with these irresistibly cozy, contemporary quilts built from simple squares and rectangles.
You'll want to carry everything in this tote bag by award-winning quilter Ricky Tims. The zippered tote is made from durable, 100% recycled polypropylene, creating a beautiful new use for tires and plastic bottles that would otherwise end up in the landfill.
Appliqué Petal Party: A Bouquet of 16 Blocks & Flowering Border, by Susan Brubaker Knapp
Celebrate the Beauty of Flowers with Appliqué
Celebrate the Beauty of Flowers with Appliqué
• 16 wonderful 12 1/2" bouquet blocks and floral border make a 73" x 73" finished quilt
• Make the whole quilt or use one block as a pillow or wall hanging
• Package includes needle-turn appliqué basics and step-by-step instructions for the project quilt
• Full-size, easy-to-use appliqué patterns
Celebrate the beauty of flowers with this festive floral appliqué quilt. The package includes instructions and photos of a variety of other color and fabric options, including wool appliqué.
Quilter’s Favorites–Traditional Pieced & Appliquéd: A Collection of 21 Timeless Projects for All Skill Levels
Make Your Next Quilt a Classic
• 21 pieced and appliqué quilts for all skill levels, chosen by the editors of C&T Publishing
• Includes quilts from Alex Anderson, Piece O' Cake Designs, Diana McClun and Laura Nownes, and many more
• Wide variety of techniques and sizes
• Styles from traditional to contemporary
You're sure to find projects you'll love making in this collection that combines clever takes on favorite blocks and appliqué motifs with fresh, contemporary fabrics.
Creative Two-Block Quilts: • 12 Original Blocks • 20 Quilt Designs • Unlimited Combinations, by Trice Boerens
Mix-and-Match Quilt Magic
• 12 original pieced blocks can be combined to make 20 glorious two-block quilt designs
• Mix and match the blocks into your own designs, too!
• Each block comes with complete assembly instructions
• Quilts include 6 completed models and 14 alternate combinations
You've never seen pieced blocks quite like these original creations from award-winning designer Trice Boerens. Use them to make any of Trice's 20 two-block quilt designs, or combine them in your own favorite ways. The possibilities are endless!
Set of twelve 5”x7” greeting cards features four inspiring images from the collection of textile artworks in the Imagine Hope exhibit. Created by accomplished artist and photographer, Hollis Chatelain, this collection reflects important social and environmental issues which will inspire people to get more involved in their communities. 13 envelopes included.
Have a great weekend!